About Our Hospital
Centre for Eye and Health Care (CEHC) began as a clinic on 1st July 2012 and with the growing demand for quality and affordable eye care in the region was
expanded to a hospital with state of the art operation theatre and facilities for laser treatment and other investigation modalities.
This was started in April 2015 at Ramaniyam Isha, # 11, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Thoraipakkam. Chennai – 600097.
CEHC was founded by Dr. Ashok Rangarajan who is an ophthalmic surgeon passionate about quality care, complete patient satisfaction, ethical and evidence based practice of ophthalmology. Dr. Ashok Rangarajan has more than 25 years of experience in ophthalmology. He has worked as a Senior Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon in one of the premier eye institutes of the country, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai for over a decade and in corporate hospitals in Dubai and charitable organisations in Nigeria.
Compassion, personalised care, ethical and evidence based practice of medicine with appropriate use of technology are the key strengths and beliefs of the team at CEHC.
- The Centre has facilities for both outpatient and inpatient services. In-patient services include ambulatory stay for eye surgeries or such procedures. Most ophthalmic surgeries today do not require overnight stay at the hospital.
- Outpatient services include spacious waiting area, rooms for preliminary work up by optometrists, 3 consultation rooms, area for other special investigations for cataract, glaucoma and retina and facilities for ophthalmic laser treatment.There is a laboratory for sample collection with reporting done by Metropolis Healthcare.
- Inpatient services include 1 state of the art exclusive ophthalmic operation theatre, with recovery area, and an ambulatory ward.
- There is an in house pharmacy and optical dispensing service with frames for all ages and styles and availability of multi brand lenses to suit every pocket.
- There are lifts for patient and staff movement, and wheelchair assistance for those who need it from the car park area.
- Eyes are an integral part of systemic health, they are affected in numerous conditions either as a part of the pathological process or due to the treatment given for the same. Often the signs of a systemic problem appear first in the eyes.The general/family physicians in the medical team form an integral part of this total care that is required.The family physician's importance and role as a holistic care giver is re-emerging in an environment of super specialisation in medicine.Our family physicians also conduct home visits for giving care to those who cannot easily travel to the clinic.
- To provide the most up-to-date eye care to patients in a very caring and friendly environment.
- To preserve and restore vision, respecting the unique needs of each individual patient and offering the best services to satisfy every patient's needs.
- To lay emphasis on imparting education to our patients and our community regarding preventive measures and create awareness about eye diseases.
- To provide the highest standard of eye care to every individual at affordable costs.